According to CDC, here are some statistics of Heart Disease in the United States.
- About 610,000 people die of heart disease in the United States every year–that’s 1 in every 4 deaths.
- Every year about 735,000 Americans have a heart attack. Of these, 525,000 are a first heart attack and 210,000 happen in people who have already had a heart attack.
Thus, I would like to bring your attention to this important organ in our bodies that incessantly works day in and out without us even being aware of it. It is on autopilot and we are not even aware about how many times it beats in a minute. Let us make sure that we give it some love. Next time when you go to see your doctor or come see me, ask about these tests to evaluate your heart health.
- Lipoprotein particle testing (LPP) is the advanced lipid analysis. The standard lipid panel is almost outdated even though we still order it for basic information. The LPP test on the other hand is able to tell what size are your LDLs and HDLs. If you have higher number of small LDLs, that puts you at a higher risk of cardiovascular disease since those cross the arterial lining and are related to plaque formation.
- Lp (a) If you have high levels of this marker, it shows that you have a familial/inherited cardiovascular risk. Thus, you will have to be 5 times more careful with your dietary and lifestyle choices to prevent you from developing future heart disease.
- Homocysteine is an inflammatory marker and when high can increase risk for cardiovascular disease (CVD) and stroke.
- HbA1C We know that Diabetes and high Cholesterol are risk factors for CVD. HbA1C is a measure of your average blood sugar in the last 3 months. If your number is more than 5.6, you want to make changes in your diet and lifestyle to reduce it.
- As you know that a huge part of my practice is focused on Thyroid Health, I want to tell you that optimal thyroid function is essential for preventing heart disease. A slow functioning thyroid will slow down the heart rate, increasing lipid levels and enlargement of the heart, leading to Congestive Heart Failure.
I sincerely Thank you for your support with my Book, Seven Steps to Heal Your Thyroid. I love signing copies and taking pictures with my patients. I want my book to reach as many people as possible so that it can help them recover and feel great again. You can order your copy on amazon or https://www.meghnathacker.com/product/book/
Before I end, I want to mention that there are a lot of people sick with viral infections affecting the respiratory tract. RSV and Flu have been on the rise this season. I hope that you are getting good rest, staying hydrated, eating your vegetables and fruits which are all measures to support your immune system. On top of this, a highly-absorbable, professional grade multivitamin-mineral-antioxidant-omega would be great to add to your routine. My Formula, called Total Balance provides you all these basic nutrients in a single pack. Please use 1 pack a day with breakfast. Learn more: https://www.meghnathacker.com/product/total-balance/
Follow me on FB and Instagram, Dr. Meghna Thacker. I want to stay in touch with you and take care of your health & wellness needs. You can schedule a Teleconsult appointment with me by emailing me firstname.lastname@example.orgLeave a reply